Sakura Cup Invitational
March 31, 2018 - April 01, 2018
8 teams in Dynamic 4-way and 8 teams in Dynamic 2-way will be invited to Japan for a week to compete.
Same rules and divepool as the World championship in Canada.
Freestyle as demonstration and show, not competition. If interested in putting on a show, Freestylists may send an application too.
The goal is to set a standard and initiate a yearly event, leading up to 2020, when Dynamic Flying plans to host a competition at the same time as The Olympic Games.
Flights, accommodation, entry fees, and 1 hour of training time will be covered.
Teams have 2 months to send in an application. 8 teams will be selected for each event.
If more interest is received, Dynamic-Flying will consider opening the competition to more teams, but flights and accommodations won't be covered.
Once a team is selected, they have 2 weeks to buy plane tickets, and will be reimbursed straight away. If teams wait longer, a budget will be allocated to the team based on where traveling from.
Applications must be sent to Domi Kiger (email@example.com) by August 20th, 2017.
Application must include:
- Team name / team members names
- Brief presentation of the team and each members :
- years in the sport
- experience indoor and eventually outdoor (hours-ish of flying / jump number / type of flying)
- previous competition results
- Training plan for the year :
- do you have any competition planned this year that you are already training for?
- how many hours will you train for this competition (total training time from date of application till Sakura cup, including training time for other competition) ?
- are you supported by a tunnel / entity (if so, provide us with a letter from said tunnel or entity on how many hours they will be supporting you with)
- will you get more training time on top of sponsored time and how much?
- are you going to get team coaching and if yes by whom?
- do you have an alternate flyer in case one team member cannot attend the event after you’ve been selected?
- Your motivation to be part of the event.
- 1 picture of each team member + 1 picture of the team if available.
The criteria we will be looking at :
- Seriousness and realism of the training plan (very important)
- How long the team has been together or its members been competing / flying dynamic (level of experience as a team and as individuals, level of dedication to the dynamic adventure)
- Variety of geographical origin
The organizers want reliable teams, from all over the world, that will carry out training throughout the year, make it to the event, put on a fierce fight and an amazing show, and help keep writing this dynamic story with passion and positive attitude!
All above information resourced here: https://www.facebook.com/DynamicFlyingDF/posts/1309678985813069
Training : March 26th - 30th
Competition : March 31st - April 1st