The IBA Global Kids Challenge 2017
November 08, 2017 - November 08, 2017
The IBA Global Kids Challenge is back!
For the third year in a row, the IBA has created a worldwide meet for junior flyers aged 6-16 to test their skills and show off their talents on the global stage, from the luxury of their home tunnel. Who will be the champions this year? Start training now, over 15 hours of tunnel time is up for grabs!
Last year, 63 flyers participated across 12 different wind tunnels, showing off incredible Freestyle routines and 2-Way Formation Skydiving finesse. Our sport is growing in popularity and this is where we as a tunnel community, support and promote the next generation.
Mark your calendars for Wednesday November 8th, 2017.
Click 'going' on the Facebook event page for weekly updates
Tunnel Time Prizes
|1st place||2nd place||3rd place|
|2 way FS Intermediate||2 hours||1 hour||30 mins|
|2 way FS Advanced||4 hours||2 hours||1 hour|
|Freestyle Intermediate||1 hour||30 mins||15 mins|
|Freestyle Advanced||2 hours||1 hour||30 mins|
*Tunnel Time to be redeemed at the tunnel in which the team competed. All participating tunnels agree to honor the prize.
The ruleset of each discipline does not explicitly state how a team/flyer should appropriately choose the class to compete in. However, the following describes important differences between the classes, making Advanced more difficult than Intermediate to perform. Flyers should safely be able to perform the maneuvers required by their chosen class.
2 way Formation Skydiving
- Intermediate - Team members walk or fly into the wind tunnel, and then link together before beginning 'working time'. Each round consists of 2-3 possible points.
- Advanced - Team must perform a linked door entrance into the wind tunnel to begin 'working time'. Each round consists of 3-4 possible points.
- Intermediate - 3 Free rounds. Level 1 and 2 flyers should enter this class.
- Advanced - 2 Free rounds, 1 Compulsory. Competitors in this class should, at the minimum, be signed off for level 3 flying.
- Compulsory Moves: SFR 1 - 360 Barrel Roll Stall, SFR 2 - Head Up 360 Breaker, SFR 5 - Manna's Space Lab
- Descriptions of each move are found in the rulesets, and video examples can be found here.
Bryce Witcher - USPA AE-National rated
Mary Traub - USPA AE-National rated
Gorana M - CSPA AE-National rated
Gorka Amian - USPA FS-National rated
Jim Rees - USPA FS-International rated
Korissa Bomba - USPA FS-National rated
& more to come!
Tunnels around the world sign up through the IBA. Contact your local tunnel to ask if they are participating! Confirmed so far:
Hurricane Factory Prague
iFLY SF Bay
& many more to come!
Laura Wagner - Competitions Coordinator
Wednesday, November 8th
7pm Local Time
Each tunnel may run a slightly different schedule, check with yours!
Ready to fly?
The IBA Global Kids Challenge requires participation from both wind tunnels & their competitors.
All Wind Tunnel Managers Register Here
Competitors Register Below