In order to be awarded a Formation Skydiving coach rating, you must have successfully completed and been signed off for all of the Formation Skydiving Pro and Back Fly Level 2 skills. Upon demonstrating that you are competent at the flying skills, you will also complete a coach rating assessment in person with a current IBA rated Trainer.
The evaluation will include the following items:
- Verification of personal flight skills
- Coach Rating orientation briefing
- Safety awareness and understanding briefing
- Review of the Fundamentals of Coaching guide
- Completion of the Tunnel Coach Ready Online Assessment
- Observation of at least one coaching session with students to verify proficiency and understanding
Once the evaluation is successful, the Trainer will award the rating.
What skill level is next?
Neutral / Stable Back Fly Position
Now that you are moving on to learning free flying skills, the neutral back flying position is the first step in that progression. This position is key for a safe free flight progression. Ensuring that ample time is provided to master this skill will ultimately set a solid foundation for your successful progression.