Summary of how we use your data
- The IBA only uses your personal data for routine administration when you interact with us and our websites and when you become a member of IBA so that we may provide you with services. This may include images that are taken within IBA events or taken from open source material.
- We do not share your data for marketing purposes. If this changes in the future, we will contact you and seek your consent before doing so.
- Instructor email and location information is made available to other members to allow them to request website actions relating to flight and instructor progression. This is considered routine administration and no other details are shared.
- Where we rely on your consent, such as for registering as a member of the IBA and the distribution of newsletters, you can withdraw this consent at any time.
What does this policy cover?
This policy describes how the International Bodyflight Association, LLC and its affiliated companies (also referred to as “IBA", "we" or "us"), including but not limited to SkyGroup Investments, LLC, iFLY Holdings, LLC, and SkyVenture International (UK) Ltd., will make use of your data when you use the “Website,” which includes https://tunnelflight.com/ and any other online websites and services we provide. Some examples of the actions you can take on the website are: register for an account and become a member; use the website including watching videos and tracking progress; and communicate with us.
It also describes your data protection rights, including a right to object to some of the processing which IBA carries out. More information about your rights, and how to exercise them, is set out in the “What rights do I have?” section.
What information do we collect?
We collect and process personal data about you when you interact with us and our websites and when you become a member of IBA. This includes:
- Your name, username and password
- Your gender, if shared
- Your age bracket - this a simple declaration of over/under 16
- Your email and home tunnel location
- Your skydiving experience
- Your marketing preferences, including any consents you have given us
What information do we receive from third parties?
We do not receive or share information about you from third parties.
How do we use this information, and what is the legal basis for this use?
We process this personal data for the following purposes:
- To conduct our business and pursue our legitimate interests, in particular:
- We will send you newsletters and other emails; and
- We will use data in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory and investigative purposes as necessary (including disclosure of such information in connection with legal process or litigation); and
- We will use tunnel related images that are taken at IBA events or are available via open source. Images of U16s that are not taken at an IBA event will only be used with parental consent
- Where you give us consent:
- We will use your data to register you to become a member of IBA; and
- On other occasions where we ask you for consent, we will use the data for the purpose which we explain at that time.
- For purposes which are required by law:
- Where we need parental consent to provide online services to children under 16. However, our website will only contain material relevant to wind tunnels and the sport of Indoor Skydiving that is suitable for all audiences
- In response to requests by government or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation.
Withdrawing consent or otherwise objecting to direct marketing
Wherever we rely on your consent, you will always be able to withdraw that consent, although we may have other legal grounds for processing your data for other purposes, such as those set out above. In some cases, we are able to send you direct marketing without your consent, where we rely on our legitimate interests. You have an absolute right to opt-out of direct marketing, or profiling we carry out for direct marketing, at any time. You can do this by following the instructions in the communication where this is an electronic message, or by contacting us using the details set out below.
Who will we share this data with, where and when?
We will not routinely share your personal data with anyone other than the IBA management staff for routine administration
We will share your email and tunnel location with other members to permit flight progression sign-offs.
Personal data may be shared with government authorities and/or law enforcement officials if required for the purposes above, if mandated by law or if required for the legal protection of our legitimate interests in compliance with applicable laws.
Personal data will also be shared with third party service providers, who will process it on behalf of IBA for the purposes identified above. Such third parties will only include providers of website hosting and, maintenance. In all cases these organization will have their own GDPR compliance processes
If the business is sold or integrated with another business, your details will be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchaser’s adviser and will be passed to the new owners of the business.
What rights do I have?
You have the right to ask us for a copy of your personal data; to correct, delete or restrict (stop any active) processing of your personal data; and to obtain the personal data you provide to us for a contract or with your consent in a structured, machine readable format, and to ask us to share (port) this data to another controller.
In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal data in some circumstances (in particular, where we don’t have to process the data to meet a contractual or other legal requirement, or where we are using the data for direct marketing).
These rights may be limited, for example if fulfilling your request would reveal personal data about another person, or if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law to keep or have compelling legitimate interests in keeping.
To exercise any of these rights, you can get in touch with us – or our data protection officer – using the details set out below. If you have unresolved concerns, you have the right to complain to an EU data protection authority where you live, work or where you believe a breach may have occurred.
For routine administration of the association, such as the log book and flying skills inputs, the provision of email, age bracket and tunnel location are mandatory: if relevant data is not provided, then we will not be able to manage the flight/instructor progression system or record qualifications. All other provision of your information is optional.
How do I get in touch with you?
We hope that we can satisfy queries you may have about the way we process your data. If you have any concerns about how we process your data, or would like to opt out of direct marketing, you can get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to The IBA, 6200 Bridgepoint Parkway, Austin Texas 78730, USA.
How long will you retain my data?
Where we process registration data, we do this for as long as you are an active user of our sites or an active member.
Where we process personal data for marketing purposes or with your consent, we process the data until you ask us to stop and for a short period after this (to allow us to implement your requests). We also keep a record of the fact that you have asked us not to send you direct marketing or to process your data (indefinitely) so that we can respect your request in future.